Skip to main content

Good Fortune Mystery Clue 6

Oh my, we're already at clue number 6! Some wonderful string piecing of your neutral Fabrics was Bonnie clue.
Since I have been working with one neutral for the rest of the clues I thought since I'd already pulled them, I would work in scrappy neutrals. I decided instead of string piecing on a foundation I would go with strip piecing but make sure there's plenty of variety. And because I didn't get a chance to show my finished clue number 5 last week I added those to this picture post.
Follow along with all the other Quilters as they discover what Good Fortune is going to turn out to look like?
https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2018/12/mystery-monday-link-up-part-6.html
Inspiration for these Fabrics it's not very hard to figure out. The sandy beaches that surrounded us as we visited Oahu.



One thing that made this particular clue a bit of a problem was that on Christmas Eve we had a sewer flood back up in my laundry area which is just a part of my sewing room. I guess I should say luckily we were able to call out a plumber 2 get rid of the clog in the sewer line. However it had flooded into my carpeted sewing area, I'd always told my husband I wanted vinyl in there but it's never gotten done, and so everything that was in the area that was flooded had to be moved out of the way and then cleaned up. It took most of the time until Sunday after Christmas but it finally was cleaned and dried out again.
 So all of my strips were sewn together with my treadle machine which luckily lives upstairs in a different room. I'm not quite as good as keeping the seam straight with the treadle but with this sort of clue it works out okay. Thank goodness for my singer treadle machine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pixel Play Challenge Project Quilting

It's time once again 4 this week's project quilting. Sounded simple enough to me, pixels.  Of course I knew what they were and so used my friend the internet to find an image that I could turn into a quick and easy quilt project. An image that came up was a darling little dolphin that immediately reminded me of my sweet granddaughter Caroline who has her stuffed dolphin, Dolphy. Dolphy is Pink and she really loves to carry him around with her. Not having much choice of my pink Fabrics I was lucky to get the perfect fabric for this project that allowed me to show a bit of dimension in the piecing just using squares. Okay, I can do this! But, it took me much longer than I ever figured it would. Of course then I was unlucky enough to end up with a problem with my back, probably the ruptured disc that I fight with on an ongoing basis. But starting Thursday I created a portrait of dolphy. The pink dolphin will go and live with Caroline after our local quilt show. Don't expec...

Project Quilting Challenge#6 Chocolate

Yep, that's correct Challenge number 6 for project quilting is chocolate! Couldn't have picked a more favorite item for me to try to recreate. Looks like there may be more than one of us who have fond remembrances of chocolate Easter bunnies especially at this time of the year when Easter is on many people's mind. Saw an inspiration on Pinterest of a darling pillow cover made with strips and an applique chocolate bunny. Luckily I had the perfect chocolate type fabric just waiting for me. Of course I gave him a candy pink eye and instead of the normal pink or blue bow I used yellow because I thought it looked better with all the fabrics. It was fun creating this cute bunny and he will look very nice until Easter arrives. And the great thing is he doesn't have any carbs and he won't melt :-) Check out these other chocolate inspired Creations click here Alert alert! I just realized I forgot his tail I will try and update later :-)

Abecedarius–Challenge 5 of Project QUILTING

It's challenge time again! If I were smarter or my brain were working better I could give you the exact title of the challenge But it includes using letters or words on your project. I decided to do a twofer meeting two different challenges in one quilt. The Second Challenge was a crayon color challenge. We were asked to pick two crayons from a basket blindly. Then we could add 1 neutral, and what other color. Individually both the colors were nice however combining them into one project was a little challenging but isn't that the point? I'm calling this one Spools in the Sewing room. Hope you can read the little applique that I added it's kind of cute. And meets the challenge of words or letters. My crayons were the cheddar gold yellow and the fuchsia or Violet red fabrics added the green blue and the black